Penn State Hershey Center
From Penn State News
The Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children will sponsor several events this month in honor of Child Abuse Awareness Month:
- T-shirts featuring the blue ribbon for child abuse awareness and a drawing by an attendee at last year's Keeping Cubs Safe Community Event are available for $15. To order, call 717-531-5158. All proceeds benefit the Center for Protection of Children.
- This week at night, the Crescent will be lit up in blue to recognize Child Abuse Awareness Month.
- The pinwheel garden was planted last week at the base of the statue in front of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. Its 197 pinwheels honor the 197 patients evaluated by the Center for Protection of Children in the last academic year.
- A thank you luncheon will be held on April 14 for community partners for their role in helping to keep children safe (children and youth caseworkers as well as law enforcement) during the past year. The luncheon will be followed by a concert by Steven Courtney for children in the Children's Hospital and local daycare centers.
- “Beyond Adverse Childhood Experiences Studies: Toxic Stress and Resiliency” will be presented at Pediatric Grand Rounds at 7:30 p.m. on April 28, in the Junker Auditorium on the Penn State Hershey campus. The speaker is Dr. Robert Block, professor emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine.